Saturday, April 18, 2020

Book Review: Red Star Giant: 22nd Century Volume 1 by Konstantin T. Salmann

Amazon.com: Red Giant Star 1: 22nd Century (Red Giant Star: 22th ...          When Nevon wakes up from being in a car wreck so many things have changed. He is in a strange new place, he is white, and everything is more advanced. As hard to believe as it is he has found himself on another planet due to the intervention of some alien beings. Now he must face the perils that came with the body he now inhabits, the Nevon of Errat. Can Nevon survive the murder attempts on his life all while trying to figure out who he is and his place on this strange new world?

     I was approached by the author of this book and asked to read it as I write a book review blog. I purchased the book because I liked the synopsis. After reading a few chapters I edited a chapter and sent it to the author. The result of this was my editing both this book and book two. That being said, here are my thoughts on the book.

     Nevon is a male chauvinist pig and I cannot stand him. He is a terrible character and Konstantin has heard more than my fair share of judgments against this character. Bratan is much the same and the females are ludicrous. Honestly, I have never met individuals like those in this book and frankly hope that I never will.

     That is not to say that the book is bad. It isn't. It is a sci-fi book with a lot of technical aspects that were well explained. The concept is great and Konstantin did a fine job of executing it. The characters are what you could expect of some people, but there isn't a single character in the book that I was able to relate with or even feel any connection to. All in all it is a great book and I will read book 3 when it is ready, for more than the fact that I will be editing it.
This book is available for purchase on Amazon for $2.16 at https://amzn.to/2LEpstl.
Books by this author: 

No comments:

Post a Comment