Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Book Review: Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (Book 1)

     Feyre made a promise to her mother that no matter what happened she would take care of her sisters and her father. In the eight years since her mother's passing she has done just that. She has been the one to hunt and provide for them, that is until she kills a faerie and becomes the captive of the High Fae, Tamlin. But, a promise is binding to humans and she will do anything to get back to her family.
     Tamlin is living his own curse, however as a blight has settled upon Prythia and he alone can break it. That however is not the concern of the murderous little human he has allowed to live in his home within the loophole in the treaty. With Fae dropping since her arrival, maybe it was best that she had not been spared.
     I bought this series at the urging of my boyfriend and I have to say; the man knows me. There is fantasy, romance, action, and even a wicked redhead. All of my favorite things. The main character is feminine, yet able to hold her own without looking to a man to save her. That is something I will let you find out about for yourself though.
      There was a riddle in the book that was a poem. Personally, I found the riddle to be a little obvious; but I enjoyed it enough that I sent it to multiple people while letting them know where it came from.
     If you are someone who enjoys a good fantasy book with mystery and a dash of clean romance thrown in then you will enjoy this book. This is one that I will be reading book two of, probably sooner rather than later if my boyfriend has anything to say about it.
This book is available on Amazon for $6.65 at https://amzn.to/2ZiyynE.

No comments:

Post a Comment