Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Book Review: Civil Blood by Chris Hepler

Civil Blood: The Vampire Rights Case that Changed a Nation (The ...     Infinity is on a team of f-prots whose mission is to save the world from vipe scum. Vipes are basically vampires that were accidentally created in a lab by a scientist 4 years ago. Since then F-Prots, or Forced Protections, like Infinity have had to eradicate them before they could infect and kill the entire human population.
      That all changes when Infinity becomes infected and she learns the truth behind everything. Then, when a vipe by the name of Morgan goes public with the knowledge of the virus she must band with him if she stands and chance of surviving. Can she, Morgan, and their allies not only stay alive in the face of this adversary, but also claim rights that they once had?
      I grabbed this book because we all know what is going on around us, and the threat of a virus that was created in a lab that has the power to change the world as we know it held too much allure to pass up. That being said I was in no way disappointed.
     Now, I will not say that I understood all of the technical aspects of this book, as it is very obvious that a lot of research went into the planning and execution. It surpasses my personal level of knowledge, but it was presented in a way that did not make me feel like I was droning through a topic that I knew nothing of. Instead I felt as if I was gleaning information on an interesting topic that I may personally never fully understand.
    On the the characters. For once I have no complaints about any of the characters. I either loved them, or loved to hate them. The characters were well-rounded and the backstory into them provided additional insight that helped us better connect to them, as the reader. My favorite is Roland. The controlling on Yin energy intrigues me.
     All in all there is action, drama, romance, civil dispute, murder, power-plays, and the paranormal in this book. There is something for everyone. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have.
This book is available on Amazon for Kindle Unlimited at https://amzn.to/3bJWClM or buy it for $2.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment