Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Book Review: The Immortals: Shadows and Starstone Book One by Cheryl S. Mackey

Shadows & Starstone: The Immortals~ Part One - Kindle edition by ...     When the gods unleash a great darkness onto the planet they must leave the world with some defense. Their decision is to make certain humans into immortals to fight the great battles. They themselves also became these immortal mortals, but have lost their memories. But, what if you didn't want to become an immortal and seek only the peace of death? Many years after the gods made this decision battles against the darkness continue as Emaranthe, Ivo, Jaegar, and Jadeth travel to a mining village to keep the starstone safe. When faced with skeletons, zombies, and a necromancer is it possible for them to save the town and it's secret?
     While I think this was a good book I am not fond of books that leave off before the story is finished as I have often-times stated. I enjoy a good battle as much as the next girl, but almost 4 hours and I feel like it was little more than an intro into a story. I liked the characters and would have liked to know more about them, but I won't be getting any more of these books as I prefer books to be the full story all in one book, not broken into parts. If you are fond of books that leave off then enjoy this. This book is available on Amazon for free at https://amzn.to/36Ws0Nh, but I used my monthly audible credit for it. If you would like it on audible it is $10.47.

No comments:

Post a Comment