Saturday, June 20, 2020

Book Review: The Reunion by K. M. Ryan

Amazon.com: The Reunion (What If Book 1) eBook: Ryan, K. M. ...     Abi has sworn off relationships and is being conned into going to her 10 year high school reunion by her boss with the promise that if she isn't enjoying herself after 30 minutes she can leave and he will never ask her for anything ever again. Pretty steep promise considering he is also her best friend. When she gets there the last thing she expects is for the guy she was in love with (from a distance) in High School not only to be there, but to talk to her. Can those feelings still be there after 10 years?
     Logan always had a crush on Abigail, but never got up the courage to ask her out until it was too late. When he sees her at the reunion get drunk he takes it upon himself to take her home. Can just one night be enough, though?
     Sexy, overworked male vs beautiful shy closet-artist. These two are too adorable for their own good. I can understand Abi's hesitations as well as her insecurities, as I am a very insecure person. At the same time I get Logan's point as well. He doesn't want to bog her down with the inner turmoil he is going through. I got this book on Kindle Unlimited at the author's suggestion and I loved it so much I finished it in two days.
     I am dating my high school sweetheart. We were together for a while in High School and broke up due to it becoming long distance then didn't speak for 5 years. During that time we both had other relationships, but they didn't work out. Including a failed marriage on my part. Then, last year I texted him out of the blue and we picked up where we left off. Now we live together, are expecting our first child together (even though he claims my son), and are planning a life together. I tell you that because while reading this I sent him a text while he was at work telling him about the book and that it made me think about a certain guy that I had a huge crush on in High School that I am so glad I was able to get another chance with afterwards. He of course called me a sappy dork. He will live.
      All in all this book is adorable, sweet, cute, and leaves you wishing for an epilogue. I need to know how things worked out between these two. Where they ended up, if they ended up. I need it. I hope when the author makes another book in this series it tells us something about these two. Otherwise I may go a bit crazy. Now, as much as I loved these characters I can't say that I loved them both throughout the book. I was just as mad at Logan as she was, even if I had a bit more of an idea than she did as to why a certain thing happened. Not going to give anything away, though.
      This book is available on Kindle Unlimited on Amazon or for purchase for $2.99 at https://amzn.to/2zT0tQE.

Books by this author: 

No comments:

Post a Comment