Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Book Review: Nefertiti's Heart by A. W. Exley (The Artifact Hunters Book 1)

Amazon.com: Nefertiti's Heart (The Artifact Hunters Book 1) eBook ...     Cara has abused by her father then given away to a man who raped her in order to pay his debts so he would not have to part with his precious artifacts. Those artifacts that have now come back into her life with the murder of her father. Her plan is to sell them off, one by one, with the help of the nefarious pirate lord, Nathaniel Lyons.When women around Cara's age start getting murdered the Enforcer's begin looking to her for answers.
      Even after reading this book I am not sure of the time period. Not that I am complaining. I loved the mixture of steam-punk with old time England. Airships and steam powered horse-drawn carriages would be interesting to see. Also I am always one for a redhead and a pirate. Not that I knew that going in, but I always love being pleasantly surprised. She is a strong one, I will give her that. I don't know that I could have done what she did, given those circumstances.
      I was amused to know that I knew who the killer was from the moment he was introduced, but I will not spoil it for you. After all, it is most satisfying. I will be adding book two to my list but I have no idea when I will be getting to it. Especially in light of recent events.
      This book is available on Amazon for free at https://amzn.to/37g44Ep.

No comments:

Post a Comment