Saturday, June 20, 2020

Book Review: The Package by Bryan Quinn

Amazon.com: THE PACKAGE: An International Thriller of Conspiracy ...     After an earthquake exposes an ancient tomb under a catholic church to the resident priest, Marco. Father Marco decides to share this knowledge with a woman archaeologist, whom he has had a crush on for a long time in order to date the body as well as the scroll that is found as it could change the world forever. Meanwhile, in the states Father Marco isn't the only one potentially changing Catholicism as we know it. In fact, there is a professor there that has written a book stating that he believes Paul was a false prophet and rather than the Holy Trinity there is in fact only God in his Oneness. What could these things mean for the church as well as for humanity as we know it?
     Okay, so I read the synopsis on this book before reading it as well as a few times throughout reading this and I will tell you why. Anyone who has been reading my reviews or reads my blog knows I don't do religion and more so than that I will not under any circumstances read politics. If it was just the religion in this book I would have been fine with it. I was raised in a religious household and my grandfather is a pastor. It happens. I just choose to not read those kinds of books (other than The Celestine Prophecy-which I will never not recommend) because it is not something that interests me.
     When I started reading this book I even started to compare it to Celestine Prophecy and was enjoying it. Cut to the Professor. There is some deep disdain in me for any sections of this book that include this man. It is nothing but nonstop politics. It was painful to read and I hated every second of it. Just so you know no where in the synopsis does it say anything about politics or I would never have spent $10 on this book. Not even half of that, to be honest.
     I won't say I hated the entire book. I didn't. It was an interesting concept, and as my grandfather only goes based on the Old Testament anyways, it wasn't something that was completely foreign to me. The thing that ruined this book for me wasn't the religion. That being said, before you start this book, if you so choose, please realize what you are getting into. Maybe it will be less torturous for you.
     This book is available on Amazon for $9.99 at https://amzn.to/3fKnRz6.

No comments:

Post a Comment