Sunday, May 31, 2020

Book Review: Trilogy White Stone Book One: Cousin Bertie by Phoenix Elvis Nicholson


   When late night reminisces lead to planning a trip to travel back to the place where they spent most of their summers Susan and Mike don't know what to expect. Cousin Bertie, as she was always called, had to be ancient by now, if she was even still alive. In fact, they didn't know if her house was even still around. That being said, they packed up for a visit and headed out. There they found Bertie, who picked up as if they hadn't been gone but a school-year. But, what secrets lie buried in the stories she has to tell?
     Having just spent the entire day with my boyfriend's grandfather who is fond of his stories followed closely by spending time with my own grandparents I can honestly say that there has been a lot of time travel going on in my brain. That being said, I am always fond of listening to the older generations stories and could sit and listen to them for hours. When talking to my own grandfather I can easily lose 5 hours without realizing it and be not at all contrary about it.
     Cousin Bertie is a sight more southern than my grandparents or those of my boyfriend, however I grew up in southern Kentucky and understood every bit of the talk. I don't know if I wasn't reading closely enough or not, but it seems at points that they jumped from being outside to inside to back again. I remember the transition to outside, but not the one back in. None the less, I liked that my day is ending with more stories and a bit of mystery as well. Why it is a mystery I will leave to you, dear. I will state that I wasn't in the least bit surprised by the revelation.
     If you have someone from the older generation who loves to gab and you can lose yourself in their stories don't hesitate to get this book as well. That being said, you do need to be the sort to enjoy those stories or this book won't hold your interest. This book is available on Amazon for $6.06 at https://amzn.to/3dldEbl.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the care you gave in the review.
    As a first effort in publishing, getting 4 stars and such a wonderful rating does wonders for my ego.
    Many of the issues mentioned in your review I hope to have addressed in later outings and hope to get better as I continue.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are completely welcome, sir. I am glad you enjoyed the review!

      Delete