Monday, May 25, 2020

Book Review: Conquer by Alexis Vickery

Conquer: Book 1 (Dahlia Series): Vickery, Alexis: 9781097914623 ...     It has been six months since her father died and Brook's life is slowly returning to normal. Six months later her 17th birthday is quickly approaching and things just keep getting weirder. There are two new guys in her class, her friends are keeping secrets, and apparently nothing is as it seems. In fact, apparently there are not only angels around her, but the arch-angels. Oh and it is up to her to determine who they are in this world, because apparently they are her age. Yup makes perfect sense. But for Brook, she is just ready for life to go back to normal. The question is, will normal ever exist again?
     I don't do religion. I just don't. I should have realized that this book was going to be very religious, but I didn't, but it is fine and I will give a honest review of the book without focusing on that section. Or try to. The idea of angels living among us is one that is voiced frequently, but it is different to think that these angels are 17 year olds. Not only are they 17 year olds, but no one bats an eye to high schoolers getting married, including other high schoolers.
     I don't know what kind of school this is, but in my high school that was not something that happened. Outside of these very odd points the book honestly wasn't terrible. There were some grammar points that made me cringe, but all in all it is a decent young adult book. My favorite character was Beezlebub, which makes since considering he is a demon that I like anyways. Metatron being a female and being Metatrona was kind of weird for me, which I think is the only thing that kept me from defaulting to my usual favorite of the archangels.
     If you read religion books, like the battles between good and evil, love and loss, and most importantly a young adult novel then you will enjoy this book. But, you need to enjoy all of those things.
This book is available on Amazon for $2.99 or as Kindle Unlimited at https://amzn.to/2TG4mPo..

No comments:

Post a Comment