Saturday, May 30, 2020

Book Review: Severus: The Black Caesar by Steve Exeter

Amazon.com: SEVERUS: The Black Caesar eBook: Steve Exeter: Kindle ...     Severus is from an African town that is under the control of the Roman empire and he is determined to do what he can to take his country back, even though his mother is a Roman. As he has always had a way with animals he is able to control elephants and is convinced by a rebellion to join forces to rid his country of the oppression. When things go wrong Severus departs for a place he once hated and everything in his life changes. For sometimes things are not what they seem and betrayal is around every corner. Just how far can one man go to protect an idea? 
     This book was read as an audio-book and I am glad that I did. I do not think I would have enjoyed it as much had I read it myself. This book follows the life of one man: Septimius Severus. While this is a fiction book it also holds truths. Septimius was indeed Caesar of Rome, as was his son Caracalla. Beyond that I don't have a in depth knowledge of the Roman empire. However, what I do know of it this book fits along those lines. 
     For anyone who enjoys a historical fiction book, look no further than this one. It is a great read and there are plenty of battles to enjoy. It seems that the author really did his homework with this one and it is easily enjoyable. This book is available on Amazon for $4.99 or with Kindle Unlimited at https://amzn.to/2M8Xypz.

No comments:

Post a Comment