Thursday, December 5, 2019

Book Review: Dollhouse by Anya Allyn (Dark Carousel Book 1)

     Cassie, Aisha, Lacey, and Ethan have traveled into the forest to take some pictures for a school project. Ethan is there for his girlfriend, Aisha, and he knows these woods better than anyone else. When Aisha goes missing he has to set out to find her. The only problem is with Lacey and Cassie following close behind him they wind up as toys to a demented desires of the underground.
     Sometimes when escape isn't possible is it best just to accept your fate and become a good little toy or can a few 15 year olds really be strong enough to endure and come out of the Carousel?
     I am just going to flat out say that I loved this book with everything in me. I started it and hated every single time that I had to put it down. It seems like a dark and twisted version of mortal instruments mixed with Mrs. Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children but at the same time I will go on record as saying I prefer it over Mortal Instruments. It is dark and twisted and creepy. From the first second you pick up the book you are spirited away to Australia as you go through every thing these children have to go through.
      You go from hating characters to feeling bad for them, and then to loving them. Others that your adored and felt bad for you grow to hate. I loved every twist and turn that this story took and I would not have changed it. I did feel like when I started this book that there would be giants, but in the absence of them I am not disappointed. The story was well rounded and left just enough unanswered that I crave the next book without feeling as if the book stopped in the middle. All in all it is one I would suggest for both young adults and adults!
This book is available on Amazon for Kindle Unlimited at https://amzn.to/2TfQ1cx.

No comments:

Post a Comment