Monday, December 9, 2019

Book Review: Dark Thoughts by Shawn Van Horn (The Dark Testament Saga Book 1)

 

  Manson awoke in a graveyard with amnesia and no one who seemingly wanted to be in his life other than a priest. This mattered little to him however as he was constantly plagued by dark thoughts of torturing and killing those around him. Constantly he wondered what kind of person he had been and what crimes he had committed. Maybe it would be best to just start over like the priest wanted him to. The only problem was that the only emotions he felt was anger and hatred. That is until he met Lucy.

     Lucy is sex and sin all wrapped in a beautiful package. Her goal is simple. Help Manson achieve everything that he is meant to achieve and help him become himself. When a string of murders and unnatural events begin to transpire will they be able to stop it or is something much more sinister going on?
     Alright, so from the second I began reading this book I was hooked. Mind you, the grammar is terrible. But, I have spoken with the author and he is aware of the issue. He may also release a resolved copy at some point without the grammatical errors. That being said, the issues do not detract from the book themselves.


      I hate that he ended a book filled with so much pain, misery, and sickly twisted triumph with a cliffhanger. I know why it was done; (so that he could continue in book two that he hopes will be released in 2021) but that does not make me like that fact any more. I want answers about how this all plays out and I am rooting for Manson, no matter how dark that may be....I will not spoil it for you but if you're a religious person you may not enjoy this book.
     If you are not religious or if you are and are not easily offended then you need to read this book. If you are of a dark and twisted persuasion, as I am, then loose yourself in this book as well. I got this book through Booktasters on Twitter and have posted many updates there as well as I sped through this. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.
This book is available on Amazon for $1.99 at https://amzn.to/2LyUXVs.

No comments:

Post a Comment