Monday, October 18, 2021

Book Review: You Don't Have to be Dead to Work Here...But it Helps by Michael Christopher Carter

You Don't Have to be DEAD to Work Here... But it Helps: A Supernatural Novella (Paranormal Tales from Wales) by [Michael Christopher Carter]     After Ann retired she moved into a small stone home where she could be completely self-sufficient and changed her name back to the original use. Everything has been going well, in fact, she was juts approved to work with youths with certain issues to help them with basic life skills. That is until she begins to hear someone calling for her by Ann, even when no one can be around. Just what could this disembodied voice possibly mean about Ann and her life?

    I got this eBook on impulse from BookBub in 2017 and thought about it occasionally as I would search for my next read in my lists, but never paid it much mind. I thought it was going to be some kind of vampire/ghoul supermarket thing. I don't know why. I never read the synopsis on the book. It happens when I impulse buy books. I never know what I am getting myself into. Have permanently deleted more than one book in my library as a result of what I have discovered in the pages, that is for sure. This book was...disappointing. 

    The title is long and sets up a certain expectation. It is just clunky and useless. I know that is harsh and I am sorry. Mostly. I will say that this is a Novella, not a full book. I can't say that I hoped for much more than that, so it didn't disappoint in that way. The book is set in Wales and is understandable and the scenery is depicted beautifully. That's about all the good I have to give. The plot was just...boring. Seriously. I can't give any more away then what I put into my synopsis at the top without telling you all there is to know about the book. It was all just so...expected. There was no thrill. No what happens next. And believe you me. I read this book from start to finish in less than 3 hours. 

    If you want to find out who is chasing Ann then by all means open the pages. This book is available on Amazon for $2.99 by clicking here. Personally, I am glad that this book is one that I got during one of BookBub's deals and I didn't spend any money on this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment