Friday, October 29, 2021

Book Review: Cheetahs Never Run by Suki Selborne

     As maid of honor for her best friend, April's, wedding there was nothing she wouldn't do for her. That is until April springs on her at the last second that her ex, Quinn, will be the man of honor. April promises that she didn't know until the night before. But now Tyla has to deal with the man who left her five years ago, pregnant. Not that he knew or knows, but still. How was she ever going to get through this night?

    This was an impulse buy from BookBub in 2017. I didn't at the time know that it was a short story. In fact it took me less than an hour to read the entire thing. In earnest I can't tell you much about the book without giving everything away. I don't even know if there was enough substance to it to know if I enjoyed it or not. It was cute. Little melodrama. I feel like Quinn let her off a bit easy for not telling him he had a daughter for 5 years. Yeah, I get why she did it but in his place I'd have been PISSED. 

    There wasn't enough of the book for me to have a favorite character. I don't know if Quinn was actually the playboy Tyla made him out to be or if it was just her internal justification. It was a cute little fluff piece. That being said if you also want to read this book I wish you all the luck in finding it. I was able to locate it on the GoodReads page, but the links for purchase go to a "sorry" page for Amazon and "no results match your search criteria" for the other options. I only checked 5 of them, but still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment