Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Book Review: Royal by Winter Renshaw (Rixton Falls Book 1)

 Royal (Rixton Falls Book 1) by [Winter Renshaw]    Royal was a foster child bouncing around from home to home until he made friends with Derrek Rosewood and became an honorary Rosewood. Over the years Royal found he could get any girl he wanted at school, except the one that most interested him, Derrek's sister. Eventually Demi agreed and the next 18 months were the best of her life. Before Royal disappeared without a trace. All she knows is that her dad won't let him come back around and whatever he did must have been truly awful. It has been 7 years now and although she has moved on everything still reminds her of him. When her fiancé ends the relationship and ends up in a coma the truth of her present and past will be revealed. The only thing is, will she be able to put the past behind her or is the future much more enticing? 

    I have a soft spot for tatted mechanics so of course I was very interested in Royal. Lies in the past can be very damaging, especially when it is something that is as big of a deal as Royals. I will let you find out his big secret for yourself. I can definitely relate to Demi. Loving someone then having to move on from them and not immediately trusting them again when they come back into your life. Completely understandable. 

    I will state that I absolutely hated her home with Brooks. Who in their right mind wants white everywhere in a home? Course that could just be the housewife in me talking more than anything else. Give me grey carpets and dark furniture any day! This book is so easy to get lost in. I didn't want to put it down once I had started it and if you love contemporary romances you won't want to either. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $5 by clicking hereThis book is available on Kindle Unlimited. 

4 comments:

  1. Great review!
    I’m with you, white everywhere?!? 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Right! I have 2 kids. I couldn't imagine trying to keep that house clean.

      Delete
  2. This review looks exciting, would love to know the mystery, thanks for the book review!

    Deepti | https://perspectiveofdeepti.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-develop-writing-skills-in-kids.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The mystery is hinted at throughout the book and I seen it coming. Nonetheless I am glad Demi believed him!

      Delete