Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Book Review: Last Rites by Andrew Murphy (Tales of Bay City: Cycle of Violence Book 1)

Last Rites: A Tale of Bay City (Tales of Bay City: Cycle of Violence Book 1) by [Andrew Murphy]     Murph was in the business of "taking care" of problems for most of his life, but he had retired after loosing the only woman he ever loved. Since then he has done little but go from home to the bar and back again. That is until he gets a message from Her asking him to meet her. When he goes she asks for his help, just like old times. Only this time instead of falling at her heels he tells her to find her own help elsewhere. Last thing he ever told her too, as she died that night. She deserved better than that and Murph is coming out of retirement to make sure his beauty is avenged. Just how far will this vengeance take him? 

    I enjoyed the hitman aspect of this book. Big, gruff guy who is a teddy for his woman and an asshole to everyone else. He takes care of his own and takes no shit off anyone. Reminds me of a lot of the bikers I grew up around. The book is an interesting one littered with love, loss, and a lot of regret. I was surprised to find out just how far the trail went with who actually killed her. I can honestly say that I hated the rookie cop in this book. Always spouting some old tv nonsense. Had me rolling my eyes every time he made an appearance. 

    If you like action books and want to find out how far an old lover would go to avenge someone pick up this book on Amazon for $3.00 by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment