Sunday, July 4, 2021

Book Review: Deadly Mates by Ashley Stoyanoff (Deadly Trilogy Book 2)

 Deadly Mates (Deadly Trilogy Book 2) by [Ashley Stoyanoff]    Now that Jade has become Alpha Female of the Dog Mountain's pack she no longer hates wolves as she once did. In fact, she cares for them deeply. Since she has become alpha female she has been training with the enforcers, but her happy little bubble is soon to burst as her father is coming home. He brings with him unanswered questions about his awful were-cougar pack that use women as communal property. Not only is this issue hanging over her head, but the pack is divided as she has not forgiven Aiden for his betrayal. With the already fragile pack splitting between the two alphas loosing the possibility of a relationship isn't her biggest issue. 

    I started this book immediately after finishing book 1 because I wanted to know if Jade and Aiden became mates and what was going on with her father and the were-cougars. I am trying very hard not to give away anything that happened in book 2 other than her becoming alpha female. I will state that, unfortunately, book 2 still has not answered my question about the were-cougars. I get that a book isn't normally 900 pages long (what the book would have been if all 3 of these were shoved together), but taking 3 books to solve one issue seems like a little much to me. Is the story interesting? Yes. It is and I am going to read book 3, but I wanted to rant on that for a second. 

    Now then, one of the things I mentioned in my review of book 1 was that this is a YA paranormal romance. It still is, don't get me wrong. And just as before I will state that there are no sex scenes in this book. It is a clean paranormal romance book featuring an 18 year old and a 19 year old. Sex is insinuated, but there are no scenes. Personally, I am all for sex scenes, but if you are reading this in the hopes that this could be something for those who aren't supposed to read those things then there you go. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $3.99 by clicking here.

Books by this author:

Deadly Crush (Deadly Trilogy Book 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment