Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Book Review: Ordered by the Mountain Man by Frankie Love (The Mountain Man Book 2)

 

  Delta just graduated from college and instead of using the money left for her by her grandparents decides to join her two best friends on an adventure. The adventure seems like something straight out of a book. Mail Order Brides. Only, she didn't account for how big Alaska is. Turns out she and her friends are a long ways away and she is here with the impossibly sexy and frustrating Boone. He has to have it his way or no way at all. But, Delta isn't willing to giving up her vegan lifestyle for his animal carcasses. Can they find middle ground or are their differences too many to bear? 

    I began reading this book on the Libby app and did not know until as I sit writing this review that it was book 2. It reads fine as a standalone. I don't feel like I am missing anything for not having read the first book. Since it was on Libby this was an audiobook. 
    I started this book with high hopes. Alaskan mountain man and city girl. Classic pairing. He's obviously going to be the stereotypical gruff guy while she is going to be a pain in the ass. These were my thoughts going into the book. The sex in this book was immediate. And I mean immediate. Within 10 minutes of seeing each other for the first time they were having sex. So this book is without a doubt smut. 
    Boone is, in fact, the stereotypical guy I expected him to be. Unwilling to bend to change anything in his life for his new bride. Controlling. Possessive. Carnivorous-in and out of the bedroom. And sexy to boot. I can't say that I loved his personality, but dominant guys just check something for me. Compromise is a mandate, though. I'm all for being bossed around, but what I have to say needs listened to. 
    Delta is a vegan hospitality major graduate. She gets sick at the sight of dead animals and thought it would be a wonderful idea to move to an Alaskan hunting lodge...seriously not kidding here. Vegan is an all well and good lifestyle choice, but if you are going to move to a remote location you might want to reconsider. Not the being vegan part. Some people can't handle meat. It's understandable. But remote locations tend to rely heavily on hunting and meat in order to self-sustain. 
    While they have their differences they aren't  in the bedroom. The amount of sex in this book could, and probably does, take up half the pages. I was mistrustful of Delta at the beginning of the book when it is mentioned that she once had sex with 11 guys at once. Then when she arrives there is Boone's brother Mason and I could just imagine this going towards a MMR, which I don't read. Thankfully Boone's possessive streak won out and that was not something I had to read. 
    This is a sexy story of finding compromises within their individual struggles. 
    This book is available on Amazon for $2.99 by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment