Saturday, February 5, 2022

Book Review: Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

 


    Pia was taught by her mom growing up to be prepared to ditch everything in her life and run at any time and, more importantly, never tell anyone her secret. As a half wyr she can't shift, but her mom always told her if she was she would be hunted for the rest of her life. She was always so careful until she trusted her dick of a boyfriend with a parlor trick she can do. Unlock any lock. Now he blackmailed her into stealing something with from the dragon cuelebre. She is on the run and Cuelebre has never been known to forgive. 

    I read this book on the Libby app and I enjoyed it for the most part. I can't say that I didn't bitch to my husband about it. I did. He actually has to listen to me complain about aspects of books quite frequently. He can't say much. He does the same to me about the books he reads. Perks of being married to a nerd. 

    Pros are, of course, the paranormal romance. Paranormal romances are one of my favorite book genres to read and I don't see that ever see that changing. The female doesn't give in at every turn and has a backbone. Which is something I like and a reason I don't enjoy period romances as much. Then there is the animals they shift into. What her mother was is something I have never heard of a shifter as. Always fun to run across a new type of shifter book. Then there is Cuelebre who is a dragon. Dragons are, by far, my favorite animals mythical or otherwise. 

    There are cons. As I mentioned earlier I complained at different points about the book to my husband. Vince had to listen to the fact that Dragos is a overly controlling male (which is expected in shifter books) that gives off serious stalker vibes. But even the fact that he has a lock of her hair braided around his wrist can be ignored in light of my biggest issue. The narrator pronounced wyr as we're instead of the normal pronunciation of where. It was very cringey.

    In total it is a sexy paranormal romance that doesn't end in a cliffhanger. There is the ability to move into other books in a series, but the issues in this book were resolved for once. It was a pleasant surprise. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $7.99 by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment