Saturday, February 19, 2022

Book Review: Beginning by Nora Edington (Love and Betrayals Romance Series Book 1)


     Jenny planned to spend her summer studying for her medical school entrance exam, but when her only friend Leah begs her to come to Cedar Creek resort for the summer she is unable to say no. After all, she can study at the cabin and still take her exams. Everything is going great until Ray and his adopted brother Gary show up. Gary is a pain and instantly takes up with Leah while Ray is...intriguing. He makes Jenny feels things she has never felt before and is awakening a desire within her. 

    I received this book from the author in exchange for a honest review. 

    When I first started this book I was skeptical of Ray. He seemed a bit pushy, but as the story progressed I seen that he wasn't trying to get her to do anything she wasn't comfortable with and relaxed my opinion of him. Gary was much the same while Jenny was this innocent delicate little flower. It is hard to imagine anyone being so naïve, but she lived a sheltered life, so I am sure that is why. Then there is Leah. I genuinely didn't like her from the start and I have to say I still feel the same about this character. I'll let you find out why for yourself. 

    Outside of the characters was the story. A cute little summer get-away romance. While it took me a while to read I was interested from the start. It only took me so long because it was a pdf and I rarely have time to use my laptop between two kids, a husband, a full time job, and a house to keep in order. Same reason I haven't managed to read my physical books for a minute. Can't hold that against the book, however. There was plenty to keep you interested in this smutty little romance. And believe me there is a lot of sex in this book. Not that I am complaining. I love a good smut novel. However, even with as much sex as was in this book I find it hard to relegate it as anything other than a romance. 

    While this book doesn't tie up all the loose ends I feel it ends in a decent place. There is the option to continue the book into a series with how things left off between the couples without feeling like the reader was cheated out of information. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $0.99 by clicking here

Books by this author: 

Betrayed (Love and Betrayals Romance Series Book 2)

Crossroads (Love and Betrayals Romance Series Book 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment