Monday, November 22, 2021

Book Review: Convincing the Cougar by Jessie Donovan (A Cascade Shifters Prequel)


     Kian had been a strong clan leader to the cougar shifters for years, but when his leg is permanently injured while protecting the clan's cubs from a bear he doubts himself. How could his clan want a lame cougar leading them? Worse yet, how could his mate want to be with him? Best to just step down as leader and release Trinity from her mating bond. Trin would give anything to show him that he is still wanted, but can she convince him that he is still the same man he once was? 

    I got this book on BookBub in 2017. Another impulse buy based on the cover. As always I love the mystery when it comes to paranormal romances, even if it bites me in the ass sometimes. 

    When I began this book I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it because the pair was already mated. They had been together for ten years so there was no mystery of if they would choose each other. He was fighting an internal battle more than a claiming, like most paranormal romances. In fact, this series seems to be going in a direction of getting or keeping someone from their past. 

    After reading the book I am still torn on if I will be picking up the next in the series. I liked the strength showed by the characters and the mystery of the odd shifter attack. But, I don't know how I feel about Trin tying herself naked to a tree in the woods knowing other males would be coming along soon. Sexy is sexy, but I don't know I'm a private person. I know she was trying to keep her mate, but still. 

    This book is available on Amazon for free by clicking hereThis is available on Kindle Unlimited. 

Books by this author: 

Sacrificed to the Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment