Monday, August 16, 2021

Book Review: Cyber Squad - Level 1 by A. K. Mocikat

 Cyber Squad - Level 1: A Gamelit/LitRPG Lite Cyberpunk Adventure by [A.K. Mocikat]    VR is the only option for gaming anymore and Kai is one of the best in his guild. He lives in a terrible apartment, but it is all that he can afford right now. But, when he gets turned down for a gaming opportunity he goes for he begins seeing targeted ads for the Cyber Squad. He was on the fence until a bug in the system caused him to be saved by level 10 Cyber Squad members. With bugs that can kill you vs being a minor annoyance are the perks worth it?

    I received this book as an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. I was obsessed with the book from the first page and couldn't stop raving about it. I have already suggested it 3 people and am in the process of "forcing" my best friend and husband to read it. He's a gamer and she is married to a gamer so she will understand. I loved the book so much and was sad that it ended. 

    I am so curious to know what is going on behind the scenes. I want to know what is up with the snarky personal AI. Well, maybe it isn't actually snarky but he seems to think so. Anyways, I need to know what is going on. I want to know what is going on with Alice. I want to know so many things and can't wait till book 2. One of my favorite things in this book was that Anna added in Behind Blue Eyes. I found myself wondering if the next BBE is going to include anything about Nephilim talking to lower levels to send them on missions. If so that would be amazing! Even if it is just a random little spot to tip the hat back at Cyber Squad. 

    My favorite character in this book was Lex. She was eccentric and a little over the top and in general just great. I totally feel the no life thing that she talks about. Besides she is a redhead and we all know how I feel about those. She is like a red-headed Abby from NCIS. If you have any gaming love then get this book. If you know someone who likes gaming get this book. If you are into Black Ops 2 GET THIS BOOK. Seriously the tournament is like reading a BO2 match and I loved every second of it. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $3.99 by clicking hereThis book is available on Kindle Unlimited. 

Books by this author: 

Shadow City (Shadow City Book 1)

Dark City (Shadow City Book 2)

Behind Blue Eyes (Behind Blue Eyes Book 1)

Fallen Angels (Behind Blue Eyes Book 2) 

War Games (Behind Blue Eyes Book 3)

Cyber Squad Level 2 (Cyber Squad Book 2)

Cyber Squad Level 3 (Cyber Squad Book 3)

Nephilim Volume 1

Nephilim Volume 2

Nephilim Volume 3 

Space Punks

No comments:

Post a Comment