Monday, August 9, 2021

Book Review: Dirty Billionaire by Meghan March (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 1)

Dirty Billionaire (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 1) by [Meghan March]     Holly won a contest and signed a contract with a label to be able to promote her singing. That is all well and fine except they slipped a little something into the contract. For the next 12 months she has to "date" J.C. They are trying to give the washed up singer a new boost and with her love life it doesn't really matter to her too much. That is until J.C. starts showing up in tabloids with other women wearing strap-ons. As such she decides to gift herself a little action. A one night stand with a random man in New York. Shouldn't be that hard...and it isn't. Except the sexy, alpha male she finds isn't ready to let her go after one night and Creighton Karas always gets what he wants. 

    This was my first time reading anything by Meghan March and I got it from the Libby app on impulse. It was 4 hours long and I always love me a little smut. That is all I was hoping for with this and was not at all disappointed on that front. Smut is a VERY apt description of this book...and yet there is more to it than that. I just finished book 1 and it ended on a cliffhanger. Hate it when that happens, in the best possible way. I do have things to say about this book. Good things. Bad things. Things in between. Just things. So, let's get started. 

    When I began this book I was immediately in love with Holly. I mean small town girl from Eastern Kentucky? Hell to the yes. I am from South-Eastern Kentucky and spent more time in the middle of nowhere than I did in any kind of city. Submissive in the bedroom, but stands up where it matters? You've got me there, girl. Just all of the yes. I don't have a single bad thing to say about Holly. At all. Even if Tanna (I hope that is how you spell her name, I had the audiobook version of this) is my favorite character. 

    Then there is Creighton. Dominant alpha male whose internal monologue about considering pissing in a circle around her and growling at any man that came near when they first met? Ha. I laughed out loud about it then told both my husband and best friend about it as well. They were equally as amused by it. My husband's exact words were "He sounds like a light-hearted dom." I don't know that I would go that far with the description, but I do like the male, so we will take it. Anyways, Creighton...the dude is WAY too used to getting what he wants when he wants. Yes, self-assurance is sexy as hell and almost everything about him is as well. Except he has way too big of a fixation on butt stuff. Seriously. Can we have one romp without anything dealing with the butt? Pretty please? 

    Otherwise all of the yes for all of the book. Yes, I will be getting book 2. In fact I would have already have been reading it if it wasn't on hold in the Libby app right now. *sigh* Guess I will just have to find some other audiobook to fill that void until I am able to get it. I seriously considered not getting book 2 because of just how much butt stuff there was in it. I am all for it here and there. To each their own and I am not saying it isn't fun on occasion, but it was just a lot. The cliffhanger it left off on, though, won me over. I need to know what happens next between Creighton and Holly. 

    This book is available on Amazon for free (ebook) by clicking here.

Books by this author: 

Dirty Pleasures

Dirty Together

No comments:

Post a Comment