Saturday, June 26, 2021

Book Review: Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness (All Souls Book 4)

Time's Convert: A Novel by [Deborah Harkness]     While Phoebe begins her process to becoming a new vampire Marcus must traverse his past so that they can move forward together, if she chooses him. Phoebe is Marcus' fiancĂ©, and is currently a warm blood. She has agreed to become a vampire so that they may spend all of eternity together, but first she has to be separated from him for 90 days in order to learn how to blend with society as well as what it takes to be a vampire. To keep from going crazy Marcus goes to his "fathers" house, traveling down memory lane to the American Revolution when he was turned. Are the secrets of his past even greater than Phoebe will be able to handle? Or maybe there is just too much to being a new vampire...

    As with a lot of my audiobooks this was an impulse download from the app Libby, which I completely adore. I have never read any books by Deborah Harkness, but my husband's aunt has nothing but good things to say about this woman and her books. Honestly, while I liked the book it seemed like it was lacking something. We got his past issues, her present issues with becoming a vampire, and a little bit of current drama with Marcus and his maker's family. Beyond that there really wasn't much that happened. His past was interesting I will give you that. All in all I don't know that I will be reading any more by her unless there is the promise of something a bit more stimulating. 

    I will state that I just seen this is  book 4 in a series, so it may have just been tying up some loose ends and that is why it is like this. I don't know as I haven't read the others. I just seen that it was book 4 when I located it on Amazon. If you have read the other books in the series  All Souls please let me know!

    This book is available on Amazon for $13.99 by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment