Saturday, June 19, 2021

Book Review: Mad as a Hatter by Kendra Moreno (Sons of Wonderland Book 1)

Mad as a Hatter (Sons of Wonderland Book 1) by [Kendra Moreno]     Clara is a defense attorney that has always fought for the underdog against large corporations. Now, she may face her biggest challenge yet when Mr. White approaches her to "defeat the queen". She takes the case, thinking that it is a metaphor only to be transported to the actual Wonderland. Wonderland is not what it seems any longer as Alice has become the Red Queen and is destroying life as they know it. The once beautiful and exciting land is now one of carnage. However, there is a prophecy that states in order to begin the process to save Wonderland "Clara Bee" is destined to lose her heart to the Hatter and defeat the Knave. But she can't care for someone just because it was foretold. Will that even be a problem? 

    I seen an ad for this book on Facebook and immediately purchased it. The cover of the book looked like an evil Benedict Cumberbatch and it is a favored story. Besides, anything that is dark and twisted in relation to Alice in Wonderland I am all for. For instance my favorite video game is Alice Madness Returns. Also, The Mad Hatter has always been my favorite character. 

    I had high expectations of this book when I first got it. The book did not disappoint. I made my husband read the first page after I did because I was immediately enamored and have discussed multiple points of the book with my best friend during the time that I have read it. She is just as excited about it as I was. This book is a great new continuation on Alice in Wonderland. Everything is explained nicely and I have no negative comments to say at all about this. I hope that everyone who likes Alice in Wonderland gets a chance to read these books. I will definitely be reading the others in this series. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $2.99 by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment