Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Book Review: Destiny's Revenge by Nancy Straight (Destiny Book 2)

Destiny's Revenge (Destiny Series Book 2) by [Nancy Straight, Dreamscape Covers, Linda Brant]     Lauren was attacked by The Beast causing her to go into a two year long coma. When she awakens Max is gone and her family and friends have had to move on with their lives. After all, the doctor told them that it was highly unlikely that she would ever wake back up. Now it seems that she has gained a new power and Rewsna is there to help her with her changed destiny. Can she make her way back to the path that she was deviated from by missing that time or is everything changed forever? 

    There are two sides to every story and in this we see the beginnings of both. I really enjoyed book one and felt it ended on a cliffhanger. Which it did. As such I immediately bought and started reading book 2. It picked up right where book 2 left off and while there are references to book one to serve for reminder purposes I am glad that I did not wait a while before starting book 2 like I normally do when I actually get continuances to a series. 

    I truly enjoyed this book in that we are able to still see Lauren and Max along with their destinies. There isn't nearly as many obsessions without anything to base it on as there was in book 1. They have a bit of history before going hot and heavy, which I feel is helpful. 

    They don't seem as argumentative as they were in book 1, but that could just be because he knows everything about her and believes it. Who knows. I don't know who is truly correct in this book. Be it the Council, the Cabinet, or even The Beast. At some points Samuel seems to be an absolute douche and at others he seems to be a just and sane "person". I will let you draw your own conclusions. All in all I feel confident in how this book ended. While there is still more to know, at this time, I do not wish to continue on to book 3. I may, however come back to this series in the future. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $3.99 by clicking here.

Books by this author: 

Meeting Destiny (Destiny Book 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment