Sunday, April 18, 2021

Book Review: Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich (Lizzy and Diesel Book 1)

Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel Book 1) by [Janet Evanovich]     Lizzy has always made amazing cupcakes, but it seems her cupcakes aren't the only special thing about her. She also has the ability to sense the relics associated with the gems for the seven deadly sins. Because of this Lizzy finds herself paired with Diesel as they race against time and Gerewulf (Diesel's cousin) in order to get the gem for the good guys. Unfortunately, these artifacts come with some nasty habits. Can Lizzy control the impulses from the artifacts while trying to find the missing pieces?     

    I feel like the author spent a large amount of time during this book trying not to curse, only failing a couple of times in regards to a temperamental broom. I don't mind cursing, but the avoidance of it seemed almost forced at times. The storyline itself I loved. The search for artifacts that make you take on certain aspects of gluttony. I can't speak much for the writing on this book as I listened to the audiobook so some nuances that I have seen other reviews stating that they hated I did not notice. I will say that Carl the monkey was annoying to say the least, but I like the cat. Cat7143 belonged to her Aunt Ophelia and I hope that they find out the poor guy's actual name. He needs one. 

    I have never read any of Janet Evanovich's books before, but I do want to finish this series at some point in time or another. If you would also like to take a chance on this amusing book (and my favorite character, Glo) it is available on Amazon for $8.99 by clicking hereThis book is available on Kindle Unlimited. 

Books by this author: 

Wicked Business (Lizzy and Diesel Book 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment