Saturday, April 17, 2021

Book Review: Bren's Blessing by Pearl Tate

Bren's Blessing - A Sci-Fi Alien Romance: The Quasar Lineage Book 1 by [Pearl Tate]       Hannah has been sent to orbit Mars in order to eventually begin a settlement. After a year in space everything seems to be going well. That is until a large humanoid species of alien board her vessel, taking her with them. She is scientifically intrigued by these giant males, but the Captain, Bren, has enamored her in more than just this. While initially wanting a way home with the development of the mating bond she is there to stay. It seems more than just the species difference may keep the pair apart however, as Bren is promised to another female on his home planet and she is calling him home. 


    I got this book on impulse because I love a good alien-human romance. Don't ask me why as I haven't figured that out yet, but I do. I was not disappointed in this one. I will say that the fact that the hair on this alien race is able to fall out and be controlled by the being is insanely weird to me. It isn't my favorite alien-human romance (currently Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon), but it is a decent read. It is a little fast paced, and honestly has a rushed feel about it. 


    Normally we are used to male dominated societies and males having multiple partners, if there are multiple partners. In this book the society that Bren comes from is in a female dominated society with each female having multiple husbands. Not my thing, either way. I am all about monogamy, but this book didn't really focus too much on the multiple partners. It even seems like they are working to get rid of the multiple partners. No complaints there from me! 

    If you would like to read this book it is available on Amazon for free by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment