Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Book Review: Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco

 Kingdom of the Wicked by [Kerri Maniscalco]    Two twin witches in a small town in Sicily have powerful protection amulets, but if they are ever brought together they are told to have the power to release the devil himself from Hell. When they were eight, for just a moment, they did just that. Everything seems fine until shortly after their 18th birthday when one of the twins die. The other quickly finds herself travelling a path that she never before would have considered. She will stop at nothing, even working with a Prince of Hell, in order to find who murdered her sister and exact her revenge. 

    If you have the chance I would definitely suggest this one. The Princes of Hell are the 7 deadly sins, but at least in this book we don't get to meet them all. We meet Wrath, Pride, Lust, Envy, and Greed. One of them is killing witches who are about to enter into a bargain with the devil to give him back his horns. My favorite character has to be Wrath, but the end of the book in regards to him has me confused. As always, I will not give anything away, but I will likely eventually read book two just so I know what happened there. 

    There are some strong wiccan ties in this book and the murderer is not who I expected it to be. Well, not completely. Without giving it away I didn't expect that individual. I hope that if you give this book a chance you enjoy it as much as I have. Honestly, there is nothing bad that I have to say about it. It is a very interesting YA mystery. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $9.99 by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment