Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Book Review: Forever by Eve Newton

     Liv was turned into a vampire by her love, Constantine, over a thousand years ago. While he is still her sire he wanted her to take on other lovers, just as he did, and it was not something she agreed with at the time. So, for the last 500 years she has had her darling boy, Devon, by her side. They are friends and lovers, but when Liv meets Cole she considers bringing him into her world as well. Could this little human be at home with vampires and their promiscuous ways? 

    This is one of those books that I began without reading the synopsis. I got it back in 2016 and it has just been sitting in my Kindle library. The version I got at that time did not state this was a reverse Harem book as the one now states. As I slowly work my way through all of the ebooks that I got back then I don't always know what I am getting myself into and sometimes it isn't a great time. This would be one of those times. At one point I abandoned this book for a couple of days before deciding I just wanted it off my unread books list. 

    Liv is a hypocrite. I won't go into a lot of details on that as I don't want to give it away for those that do want to read this, but if you hate someone for doing something then you turn around and do that same thing there is a problem. I feel bad for Devon. He has spent 500 years with this woman who he obviously has love for only for her to become enamored by some human. 

    If you were to take out the sleeping with multiple people while omitting the truth then it would actually be a decent book. That being said there isn't much of the book that doesn't involve this, so enjoy if that is your thing. The one I got at the time of just book one is no longer available, but you can get books one and two for $0.99 on Amazon by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment