Sunday, February 21, 2021

Book Review: Nexus by Leah Solmaz

NEXUS: Book One by [Leah Solmaz, Theo Garvey, C L Raven]     Brianna, a young redheaded waitress, has found herself thrust from her normal world and into another. This new world is filled with monsters, witchcraft, and demons. Yet, it has been foretold that she would be the one to save this world, and her own, from destruction. First she much journey with the help of her comrades through this new world with the veritas in order to discover her path. Does she have what it takes to save those who have quickly become so dear to her? 

    I bought this book at the suggestion of the author and while it took me a while to complete it it is an interesting book. There are monsters, a new world to explore, and even a little bit of romance. If you can get past the absolutely abhorrent use of commas then this is a nice book to read. My brain kept wanting to pause at commas, as you should. Instead there would be random commas thrown into the middle of a sentence where it didn't belong and every time it would irk me to no end. 

    Brianna herself is an interesting girl. She thinks of herself as "just a waitress" and as her character develops and she hones her skills to defend herself and her new friends this sentiment is repeated frequently. It is easy to see that this young woman is striving to do what is right and I can only hope that she succeeds in her endeavors, although I do not see myself reading the next book in the series. It is not that the book did not hold my interest to want to continue. In fact it left off at a point where I am curious as to what happens next. The editing just bothers me so greatly that I do not think I would be able to handle another book like that just to continue a plot. 

    All in all, this is an enjoyable book and if you would also like to read it it is available on Amazon for $1.24 by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment