Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Book Review: Follow Me Darkly by Helen Hardt (Follow Me Book 1)

Follow Me Darkly by [Helen Hardt]     Skye is a small town Kansas farm girl who left home to become a photographer, and she achieved that, in a way. She takes the photos for Addison Aimes, a social media influencer. It isn't ideal, but at least she is able to take photos and is making some great contacts. Everything is going well until the billionaire, Braiden Black, comments on one of Addison's posts stating that she doesn't like coffee. While true it isn't something that should get out which causes Addison to flip out on Braiden's receptionist and him to pay a personal visit to her office. 

    Braiden is everything Skye has ever seen about him and so much more. He is beautiful in a sexy, manly way and when he asks her to lunch she can't help but agree. The only thing is this man demands full control and she needs to be in control at all times. Just how much is she willing to give to this man who is full of secrets? 

    As we all know I am a fan of dominating males so of course I was drawn to Braiden Black. He is tall with broad shoulders. My absolute favorite. I have to say the history between he and Addison and the reason for their past, at least what we were told of it I seen coming. It was actually a bit more tame than I was expecting, but I will not give it away. Maybe the next book will go in more details about what happened there. 

    This is book one in a series and it has all kinds of fun aspects which give off a 50 shades vibe. There is light bondage, battling with emerging feelings, and mysterious backgrounds. What more could a girl ask for in a smut book? That being said as much as I enjoy a sexy bondage book with lots of sex I don't like unanswered questions. This leaves a lot to be desired. To be technical, yes they didn't just end the book like it is going from one chapter to the next with nothing answered, but they might as well have. There are a lot of questions to be had for the book on the last page and we haven't reached any kind of true resolution. I don't know that I will be picking up the next book in this series, even though I did enjoy this book until the end. 

    If you would like to read this book for yourself it is available on Amazon for $7.99 by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment