Friday, February 26, 2021

Book Review: House of Thunder by Dean Koontz

 

 

 




  Susan just awoke from a 3 week coma in a hospital in Willawauk, OR. At first the time lost and partial amnesia are the worst things that could be happening to her until she sees her worst nightmares walking the halls. 13 years ago a group of four fraternity boys killed her boyfriend in a place called the House of Thunder. Now, it seems that they have not only not aged in the last 13 years, but she knows for a fact that 2 of them are dead. Her doctors and the nurses seem to think that she is suffering from hallucinations. Could this all be in her head or are the dead really out to get her for testifying against them? 

    I have had this book on my shelf for years and hadn't gotten around to reading it until now. My son actually brought it over to me because he liked the puppy on the back of it (I have the paperback with a author photo of Koontz and a golden retriever on it). Initially he was having me read it aloud to him, but he lost interest a few chapters in. I however, was hooked by that point and enjoyed every minute of this psychological thriller. 

    With this book you are constantly trying to figure out what is going on and if she isn't crazy who is behind it. Of course, I am not going to give it away and ruin the surprise. That being said I can honestly tell you that I did not expect the culprit to be what it was. At first I was a little skeptical since the first line directly under "Chapter 1" was "The year was 1980 - an ancient time, so long ago and far away...", but I can honestly say that I adored the book and I hope that anyone who is a fan of thrillers and mysteries takes a chance on it too!

    This book is available on Amazon for $6.41 by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment