Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Book Review: The Ghost and the Graveyard by Genevieve Jack (Knight Games Book 1)

The Ghost and the Graveyard by Genevieve Jack - New - 1940675065 by Carpe Luna, Ltd. | Thriftbooks.com  When Grateful is taken advantage of by her boyfriend, Gary, she looses everything and is forced to ask her dad for a place to stay. He lets her stay in the house he was given that they had lived in when she was a baby. The house seems perfect, until she realizes instead of a backyard she has a graveyard. But, the new house isn't all bad. After all, the caretaker is every type of sexy and there is even a friendly ghost in her house that knows how to make coffee. Too bad they are trying to make her decide not only between them, but also if she should accept her destiny to become a witch.

    I started this book with every reservation about Rick and believing him to be the bad guy while leaning more towards Logan the ghost. Now that I have finished the book I don't know who I prefer. The kindred spirit talk at the beginning was coming on a little strong for my taste, but now that I know the story behind why I get it. Logan is a conundrum, but I think he means well. Although, personally after knowing everything I think I'd go with the Spaniard. 

   The book itself isn't bad, but I can't say that I am not a bit tired of there being a lack of closure in books that I have been choosing recently. Unless you are okay with committing to a series, which I am not currently, or unanswered questions steer clear. 

    This book is available on Amazon for free by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment