Saturday, November 26, 2022

Book Review: Peripheral Vision by Timothy Hammer and Courtney Zito


     Sarah had always had 'The Feeling', but over the years had suppressed this knowing and lived her life as best she could. After the death of her parents at a young age Sarah had went to live with her god-parents, continued on to college, and led a good career. However, recently she had been losing focus in her career. So, with the inheritance of her aunt's farm and nothing to keep her in town she sets off for Nebraska. Here she finds a charming handyman and young women mysteriously going missing. 

    I impulse bought this book at BookBub's suggestion back in 2021 and there it has sat on my TBR until now as I generally have more review requests than time. I once again have this "problem", but you won't find me complaining. For the first few chapters I was intrigued, but not really sure what was going on. There didn't appear to be a clear directive. Just a woman having odd dreams of vaguely paranormal origin. 

    This book reads like it could be a series. It ends with the main character on a different note than she began and there could definitely be an interesting future to explore in other books. I can't say too much without giving it away. We follow a woman who is losing focus to a new town where she seeks her roots and a change of pace. We find out about missing women and meet a charming handyman who saves her from some unsavory men. 

    There is a twist in this book, and I completely expected it. Side effect of reading a lot. Tell me if you expected the same thing to happen if you read it! Well...I expected most of it. Nick at the end of the book was a mild surprise. I do not know if this is an Indie Author book or not. I know, from reading the Amazon author pages, that this is the author's first published books. However, it did not say if they were traditionally published or independently. 

    This book is available on Kindle Unlimited or buy it on Amazon for $0.99 by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment