Sunday, November 20, 2022

Book Review: The Grand by Evelyn Chartres


     Tucked away in the mountains of North America is a hotel that caters to both the normal and paranormal. However, accidents happen to the normal folks with regularity and it is up to the staff to make sure nothing happens to The Grand. Closed to the public during the roaring twenties there are still plenty of secrets trapped within this looming giant. 

    I got this book due to seeing the author post about it on Twitter. It is a free book and I love horror, so had to get it. Initially I believed this was a book set in Britain due to the insane terminology. I asked some of my UK friends and they were familiar with quite a few of the terms such as flapper and some others. I think I annoyed him a bit asking all the questions. This book does have a word guide, but it is at the end of the book, so without knowing that (Because I didn't until the book was over) you struggle until you get to the end. 

    There are plenty of wonderfully gorey and graphic scenes in this book, which I loved. That being said I have no idea what the point of this story is. It is just a bunch of random events that happened in The Grand and how the staff handled them. The only common thread is the barrister every other chapter. 

    I enjoyed the mythical creatures and gods/goddesses in the book. Such as Bastet and how she obtained her prey. It was an enjoyable and bloody scene. 

    This book is available on Amazon for FREE by clicking here

Books by this author: 

High Water Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment