Sunday, November 13, 2022

Book Review: Cowboy Dragon's Next Door Neighbor by Serena Meadows (Cowboy Dragon's Inn Book 1)


     After the murder of his wife Mitchell was convinced he would never love again. Especially not the previous wife of the man who killed her, leaving him a single father. But, Lauren was just as much a victim of his abuse. Now that she has escaped his clutches a spark is igniting between the two that only gets stronger during a trail riding expedition. She knows his biggest secret, but can she accept him for who he is? Can he move past what her ex did to him and his daughter? 

    This book was suggested to me on Facebook ads, so if you're wondering if those actually work apparently they do. I have a thing for paranormal romances and even more so when those things involve dragons. Everything about this book, in theory, did it for me. Country male. Female who, at least eventually, stands up for what she wants. Dragons. And sex. 

    That being said, there are only two instances in the entire book where dragon's are seen. Otherwise they're just human. This acts like it wants to be a second chance love story, which I'm all for considering I got back with my high school sweetheart a few years back and have been happily married to him for going on three years. The problem is the author doesn't seem like they could decide if that is what they truly wanted, saying things like they loved each other before he met his dead wife then going on to say they were never together. It's contradictory. 

    That is my only complaint point. I wasn't sorry to see what happened to Mike. He deserved exactly what he got. This book wraps up everything nicely with the epilogue being the set up for the next book, which will be a second chance love story. I am very sure I will read these books in the future, but with all the review requests I have right now it is going to be a minute before I impulse read anything. 

    This book is available on Kindle Unlimited or buy it on Amazon for $0.99 by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment