Saturday, October 8, 2022

Book Review: Claimed by her Cougar by Felicity Heaton (Cougar Creek Mates Book 1)


     After the loss of his mate Rath was not want to take another, until he meets Ivy. The curvy photographer came onto his land at the worst possible time to look for bears. While he immediately thinks she is a hunter or in league with them their attraction and her website soon has him convinced there are no ulterior motives. Rath has to get the cabins ready for the cougar mating meeting, though, which soon leads to a misunderstanding and Ivy sending pictures of the bears to her sponsor. Things quickly go bad when one of the hidden cabins is visible in the picture. 

    I listened to this audiobook on YouTube and enjoyed every second of it. I have read other Felicity Heaton books before and she never disappoints. This is definitely a romance instead of a smut. Not that I am complaining. 

    When I first started reading it I thought it was a book I read a few years ago (Miss Taken by Milly Taiden) because both start with a female stumbling onto a property owned by a shifter. There are major differences between the two books as you read, though. In Miss Taken she was trying to acquire the land while this is a photographer. Then of course the shifters are different as well. Here we have Cougars while Miss Taken is lions. 

    Rath seems like a brutish pain at the beginning, but as the story goes along and we learn more of his background it makes sense. If that happened to me I wouldn't want anyone else around me either. Then there is Ivy who is described as overly curvy, yet she spends months at a time outside camping and taking pictures of wildlife. But, anything is possible I suppose. They make a cute couple though, and I hope that Rath's brothers are in the next books. 

    I do plan on rereading her Eternal Mates series again since it has been so long since I read them and I never finished them all. I will also rewrite these reviews when that happens because the reviews below are from 2017 and are really bad. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $0.99 by clicking here. While a lot of Heaton's books are available on Kindle Unlimited, this series is not currently one of them. Maybe in the future!

Books by this author: 

Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates Book 1)

Claimed by a Demon King (Eternal Mates Book 2)

Tempted by a Rogue Prince (Eternal Mates Book 3)

Hunted by a Jaguar (Eternal Mates Book 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment