Sunday, July 24, 2022

Book Review: A New Sky by Devin J. Parker (The AllThing Book 1)


     After the human race was infected, effectively becoming zombies known as Targoughs, a handful of survivors are determined to start life on another planet with the help of cyro-pods holding what is left of humanity. They will have to travel to a new world and possibly create their own atmosphere before awakening everyone else. The only problem is those left awake may not survive long enough to see it happen.     

    This was a book I seen while scrolling though Twitter that the author had posted about. The blurb intrigued me and I impulse bought it. 

    This book was a bit hard for me to get into. I read a lot of zombie books and even more post apocalyptical. Going to a new planet as well as survivors battling for their lives are nothing new for me. All of these things are great, but in this case that was basically the entire book. It felt incomplete. More like a prequel than a full story. The font of the book was huge and it was triple spaced to even take up as many pages as it did. If there was more to the book it would have promise. As it stands it wasn't worth my time. 

    I didn't have a favorite character in this book as there really wasn't enough time for character development. If you have read  others by this author and this is just a one off let me know. I am all for second chances. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $2.99 by clicking here. This book is available on Kindle Unlimited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment