Sunday, July 17, 2022

Book Review: Flame by Chelle Bliss (Men of Inked: Heatwave Book 1)


     Of all the times to go on Spring break Gigi had to to to Daytona during Bike Week. At least she had her cousin with her and nothing was going to happen. That is until a night at the bar with her fake ID resulted in going home with a big bad-ass biker who is sexy as fuck. At the end of the week she walks away without so much as leaving her number, determined to put Pike in her rearview. It works for 18 months until he turns up at her family tattoo shop as the new artist. The time hasn't dimmed their lust and the heat is about to go off the charts. 

    This book was an impulse buy from a BookBub recommendation. I love BookBub recommendations, especially when they are smut related. I have this thing for bikers and I spend 90% of this book either swooning or highlighting passages and sending them to my best friend. Pretty sure they are driven nuts by all the random snippets of this book they were forced to read. I have zero regrets however, because damn. 

    Gigi is a bit of a spoiled princess but she has an attitude on her from hell. I'd call her a brat, but she doesn't have quite enough sub in her for it. She knows exactly what she wants and fuck if she isn't going to get it. That isn't to say Pike is the sub in this. He is all alpha. But every man gives their woman their way when it's the little things. There is the perfect balance of control in this relationship and I wouldn't change a thing in their dynamic. 

    Pike was checking all my boxes, that is for sure. Sexy? Check. Biker? Yum. Country boy? Swoon. Dom? Yes, please. Possessive and tatted? All pluses! 

    There is a bit of an age gap between these two, but it doesn't really play much of a part in anything. It also shows two people from vastly different backgrounds. While this book is the first in the series the main story is answered with just a single thread hanging to lead into the next book. Hopefully that thread results in a bullet for it, but hey I could be wrong and end up changing my opinion on him. Somehow, I don't think so, though. 

    I don't have book 2 right now, but you best believe when I have the chance to I fully intend to read every book in this series. 

    This book is available on Amazon for FREE, temporarily, by clicking here. There is no reason you shouldn't read this sexy smut book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment