Thursday, June 30, 2022

Book Review: His Devil's Desire by Linzi Basset (Club Devil's Cove Book 1)


     Samantha was an "Ace" sniper for an elite undercover team of the CIA for years after the brutal murder of her parents and older sister. When she felt her handler, Bulldog, was using her for his own personal vendettas she left and opened her own woodworking shop. Three years and a new name later she is working on the woodwork for a new BDSM club, Devil's Cove, when she meets Rhone. Rhone is hot one minute and cold the next but his dom nature calls to the sub in her and this is one challenge she doesn't want to back down from. Especially not with lives and her heart on the line. Just how far will she go to maintain the life she has built or is a secret from her past worth losing everything?

    This was an impulse buy book from BookBub at one point in time or another. I don't know exactly when. I have a habit of randomly getting books suggested to me on there when I go to browse. It's a dangerous game that generally results in 5 more books than I had before. 

    I love BDSM. Books and otherwise. So I was excited to find that this was a BDSM book. Pushing limits is one thing, but limits shouldn't be crossed. I felt like Rhone crossed some of hers. I wouldn't have been able to do the multiple partners as anyone who has read my romance reviews for any length of time already knows. To each their own. 

    This is a book that does end on a cliffhanger with no real resolution to the romance. We solved the issue of Bulldog, but everything else is still up in the air. I enjoyed the book, but I don't know if I will be continuing since I'm not a huge fan of cliffhangers without anything really resolved. While it doesn't feel like it stopped at an arbitrary point in the book there was just so much left in the air. 

    There is hope for the series, don't get me wrong. There are a lot of feels presented in this book and there are lots of sexy scenes. All great things when it comes to a smut book. I loved both main characters, even when Rhone annoyed me. I hope everything works out with Keon. I can't say more than that without giving away things in the book. 

    This book is available on Amazon for free by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment