Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Book Review: Kurtain Motel by A. I. Nasser and Scare Street (Sin Series Book 1)

 


    When a storm drives a group of travelers into the safe haven of a run-down motel most decide they are only going to stay one night then leave in the morning. However, this may quickly become the longest night of their lives as their own personal sins are trying to get them to confess. What happens with the confession and will any of them live to see morning?

    I impulse bought this book on BookBub's suggestion back in 2019. I love horror books and the cover intrigued me, so why not take a chance on it. I am so glad I started reading this. Even if you are new to my site just by looking you can see that I read a lot, so to say that I found a horror book that was unique and I didn't expect what was happening was saying a lot. This was one that I had to make myself put down in order to do other tasks when all I wanted to do was find out what was causing this. 

    I took as much time as I could with this book, reading it slowly by my standards, to draw out the anticipation. While not every detail of the book is answered I feel there is enough here to continue into an enjoyable series if the author decided to do so. There is plenty to make you wonder at the things that lurk in the shadows and reflect on your own sins, lest they draw in something dark to make you pay. 

    I don't know that I had a favorite character within these pages. We have someone who swindled people out of their money, someone who stole someone else's book, an actress who chose her career over a blooming family, a seedy motel owner with his own secrets, and I'm still fuzzy on what the career woman did. Something about her father. I'm not sure. 

    This book is available on Amazon for free by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment