Sunday, March 27, 2022

Book Review: Gone with the Wolf by Kristin Miller (Seattle Wolf Pack Book 1)


     Before Drake's father died he gave an edict: whoever finds their Luminary first will become leader of the pack and the other will take over finances. For over 200 years Drake and his brother searched endlessly to find their mates, only for Drake to stop due to the divide between he and his twin. When Emilia learns her beloved bar was bought by the giant corporation Wilder Financial she takes out her wrath on Mr. Wilder himself. When he refuses to listen to her statement that she already owned the property she goes undercover at the firm as a secretary. After months of getting nowhere she attends the Halloween party as Little Red Riding Hood, sneaking into Mr. Wilder's wine cellar and helping herself to part of what this billionaire owes her. Here she meets Drake and the attraction is instant, but their individual issues may be a bigger hurdle than they can pass. 

    I read this as an audiobook from the Libby app. If you have read my reviews for any length of time you know that I have a minor obsession with paranormal romances. So, when I see a pretty male with a wolf in the background I am always willing to take the chance. In this case I was not disappointed. 

    There is a independent woman who has been hurt by an ex and fought to scrape the money together to get her bar. She did everything she could to make her bar perfect and yet it is being taken away. Then there is a CEO of a company who works in numbers and all things safe. They are polar opposites and yet opposites attract and the chemistry is amazing. Drake is adorable and combines the mindset of gentlemen from a by-gone era with the controlling pain more common in this one. 

    Don't get me wrong, controlling pains can be fun. They come with the dominant male and believe me I'm married to one and love him no matter how much he annoys me. If I read more books in this series I hope they are as great as this book is. They tied up most of the loose ends in this book. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $2.99 by clicking here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment