Sunday, January 2, 2022

The BillionWere by Ellie Valentina


     Malinda just got dumped by her boyfriend and if she wants to stay in the big city she will need a job that pays decently. Just when she had given up and was about to head back to her moms in Oklahoma she reads an ad for a live-in nanny position. She shows up at a McMansion and meets Mr. Millieur and his 10 year old son. Garrett has a rule where young Brandon isn't allowed out of the house due to a wolf-shifter, Raul, who wants to revenge for his mate being killed. With things heating up between Malinda and Garrett it seems there may be more for Raul to take now.

    I listened to this book on Kindle Unlimited on impulse. Been reading a lot of fantasy books recently and just needed a break. Best way to do that is a good romance novel and I am never one to pass up a shifter book. 

    I hate to admit it, but I was wrong in this book. I was convinced for the first half of the book that Garrett was a werewolf. But the author is great at manipulation, it seems, and I was surprised. I won't tell you what kind of shifter he is, but I didn't expect it. On an unrelated topic, I have to say this is the first time that I have heard of a rat shifter. Very unique, but I suppose there are shifters of all kinds. I'm just more used to wolves, panthers, jaguars, bears, and the like. 

    My favorite character in this book was Malinda. Little bit of back and forth, falls for a man she barely knew pretty quickly, and plenty of attitude. A mix of typical for a romance and things I personally enjoy in a main character. This isn't your typical shifter book, however. Other than the less than normal shifters in the book there is the how people became shifters in the first place. I don't have any complaints about this book, but I rarely do on paranormal romances. We do have a sassy woman who has dreams and isn't afraid to go after what she wanted. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $2.99 by clicking here. This book is available on Kindle Unlimited. 

Books by this author: 

Hot Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment