Sunday, May 8, 2022

Book Review: Sin and Chocolate K. F. Breene (Demigods of San Francisco Book 1)


     Alexis had lived her entire life in between the magical and non-magical zones with her mother just scraping by. When her mother passed the child she had taken in off the street, Mordecai, became Alexis' ward and soon after she also claimed Daisy, a non-magical, as her ward saving her from an abusive foster home. With two teenagers to support, one of which who needed medicine regularly to survive money was always tight. On a rare splurge she stopped in to buy a blanket at a store, inadvertently changing her life forever when she stepped out in front of some rich douche-bag's car. 

    The moment Alexis stepped off the sidewalk in front of Kieran's car he could feel the magic coming off of her. She seemed unfazed by his scare tactics when he approached her, even tried to spray him in the face with a can of mace. From that moment he had to know more about her and the more he found the more he liked. In fact, this woman hiding in the shadows may be exactly what he needs to help his mother. 

    I started reading this book on impulse one day because I had my husband's phone since mine was dead and he had Kindle Unlimited. I was hooked from the first page, but as I didn't have Kindle Unlimited at the time it just sat in my TBR until I got it for some other read where the author was pestering me frequently to read their book. Once I had the book back in my grasp I would reward myself for reading a chapter of a book I didn't particularly want to read by reading a chapter of this book. 

    I loved every minute of this book and would frequently make my husband read parts of it I found hilarious. I loved Daisy and Alexis even more! Their sense of humor matches mine perfectly. All of the sarcasm. It was truly wonderful. I will be reading more books in this series in the future, there is no doubt about that! Kieran comes off as a jerk at first, but by the end of the book you will low-key love him. There really isn't a bad character in the book other than the person the author wants you to not like. The world building is amazing. Truly, I have nothing but positives to say about this book and can't wait to see how the series plays out!

     If you are looking for some sexy smut to read you should probably look elsewhere since this is all the build-up with none of the BANG. I have no doubt that there will be plenty later in the series, and I for one WILL be sticking around for those fireworks. 

    This book is available on Amazon for $2.99 by clicking here. This book is available on Kindle Unlimited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment