Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Book Review: Accidentally Flirting with the CEO by Shadonna Richards (Accidentally Flirting with the CEO Part 1)

Accidentally Flirting with the CEO 1 (Whirlwind Romance Series) by [Shadonna Richards]     Alexa had a good job at an advertising agency while going to school online. Everything was going great. She had a great job that she loved where she was working her way up and she was well on her way to getting her Master's degree. She was even getting over the death of her ex two years prior. Everything was great. That is until she accidentally emailed her sexy boss a sex scene between the two of them that she had written for her romance class. Now all she has to do is find a way to get rid of it before he reads it...

    I loved most of what I got of this book. I will start by saying that it is 1 book that they have broken down into 3 parts. Yes, anyone who has read any of my reviews knows I hate them. But, as always I impulse buy things without fully checking if the author butchered a perfectly good book. Unfortunately, because of the fact it is in parts and the other two sections are not on my Libby app I will not be reading the rest of the series. Moving on. 

    The other thing I did not like in the book was them saying "I love you." Guys. You've never so much as hinted that you have feels then all of a sudden it is "I love you." Really? The "book" would have been completely fine as just smut. No need to involve feels this early on. If you want to bring them into play a bit later after they've been romantically involved for at least a week or two then sure. But the first time? Not so much. Yes, I know they have worked together for a while, but you never really know someone by how they act at work. 

    On to the goods. Jess is sexy and has some underlying trauma. He's lost someone he was close to and, at least in his internal thoughts, isn't afraid to deal with that. He has worked hard for what he has and is still a down to Earth guy. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and has interactions with his employees at all staffing levels. He is probably my favorite character in this book, although to be fair I didn't have a lot of choices. 

    I got this book on Amazon back in 2017, but it is no longer available on Amazon. It is, however, available on Google Play Books for free. Unfortunately I am unable to add my normal link to purchase as it is Google Play instead, but just typing in the name will pop the book up. If you would like the box set it is available for $12.99 on Amazon by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment