Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Book Review: About Love by Lexy Timms (Just About Book 1)

 About Love: Badboy Alpha Dominant Billionaire Romance (Just About Series Book 1) by [Lexy Timms]     Kallie owned a successful employment business with her fiancĂ© and thought everything was going great. That is until the Feds came to the office and informed her that he had been switching her employees with prostitutes and running a brothel out of her business. Before the feds were able to get him he transferred all of her money from their shared accounts and disappeared. Luckily, she had some money in savings that he didn't have access to, but Kallie's name and business were ruined. Deciding the best course of action would be to start over she took what cash she had, got an apartment, and started working at the first bar she walked into on the bad side of town. Everything at Darkness seems to be going downhill quickly and her only saving grace is the tall, sexy Russian Sasha who might just make things worse instead of better. 

    This is a book that I have had sitting in my Kindle library for years. At the beginning of it I had high  hopes. I retained those hopes as I progressed deeper into the book as I genuinely enjoyed parts of it. That being said Kallie is like a young girl who is just desperate. One second she is acting all big and bad, but she doesn't even have the guts to look into all the details about the man she is sleeping with. Not only that she jumped into bed with her boss the first chance she got. Flashing sign there, honey. No matter what was done to her or she found out all we got was the attraction was too powerful. Please. 

    Sasha is a cagey pain in the ass and I found that I hated him for most of the book. In fact, I was hoping that he wouldn't be much of a thing after-all or that something about him would be a redeeming quality. Nope. I dislike him as much at the end of this book as I did at the start. It started with the whole "I want you to be a kept woman." thing and just escalated from there. 

    The end of the book just annoyed the hell out of me and I will not be getting any more books in this series. At all. Yes, I have more Lexy Timms books, and have enjoyed some of hers in the past. So, I will not be stopping from all of her books, but this is one series I am done with after book one. 

    My favorite character in this book is Sal, although he bends over a little too easily to Sasha. He seemed like a nice enough male otherwise. 

    If you are looking for an action packed book that will leave you wondering just how deep the issues go then look no further. This book is available on Amazon for free by clicking here.

Books by author: 

Troubled Nate Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment