Sunday, July 19, 2020

Book Review: Lover Eternal by J. R. Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood Book 2)



     Rage is the playboy "Hollywood" of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, but there is more to him than meets the eye. Yes, he sleeps with multiple women consistently to the point he is a legend among men of his kind, but he does it to keep the beast at bay. That is until he meets Mary. Mary is a human woman who happens into his life while helping John meet the brothers, while acting as a translator. What starts as just another meeting with a conquest soon spirals into so much more. The only question is how does this sick human female play into his destiny and just how far is he willing to go to keep her?
     While procrastinating the books that I should be reading I downloaded an audio-book from audible of The Black Dagger Brotherhood. In my defense I started this book in September of last year, got halfway through it, then got distracted. I am good at that. Anyways, as a result when I downloaded this book I completely restarted the book. Just a warning: Do not listen to the end of this book while pregnant. Seriously. All of the feels. I honestly looked at my male and told him "Baaaabe I am having struggles. This book is one that I need the end to. I have 23 minutes left and there are things that are unresolved. Things I need to know and need fixed. They can't end things like this, but there isn't enough time to fix the things. No I don't need sleep right now. It does not matter that it is 3am. I need answers." Male took phone from me and I had to deal with that torture until the next morning, but answers were gotten.
      I don't normally ramble like this I promise. On to what anyone reading this is actually here for: The Book Review. This book is amazing. As of yet I have not read a single thing by J. R. Ward that I have not absolutely loved so I have nothing but positive things to say about this. The female is wonderful and she has her reasons for not wanting him around because she is sick. When you watch someone you love die in front of you it is hard and you don't want to put anyone else through that. It makes sense. Didn't stop my heart from breaking for them both when it happened. Nor did it stop me from wanting to hurt Rage for his little drama queen moment, but you will find out all about this.
    Rage is macho and yet, like I mentioned, a drama queen. He is very melodramatic at times. I don't really know how else to describe it. Like he gets his feels hurt over the silliest of things and just poofs. That being said he is wonderful and adorable and so trustworthy. He may be a little stray dog, but the good kind that you want to adopt and give all of the love. That is something you will understand a bit more when you read the book.
     This book is available on Amazon for $5.99 at https://amzn.to/3hi7Dhw.
Books by this author:

No comments:

Post a Comment