Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Book Review: My Commander by Alanea Alder (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1)

Image result for my commander alanea alder     Meryn is a crazy, geeky ball of sass that has been drawn to come to this odd little town and scale a fence. Now she has been captured by some hunky caveman type claiming that she is his mate. After determining that a spell to locate the warriors mates has been made maybe this won't be so bad after all.
     Aiden does not want or have time for a mate. He has men to run. Besides if the woman he has been dreaming of is any indication she will be more than a handful and will always be getting in trouble. The problem is is that fate did not warn him enough in his dreams to prepare him for the sassy little spitfire that is his "Menace".
     With shifter couples disappearing constantly with seemingly no tie is there even any time for romance? Especially when the small human is constantly causing trouble and there is a ball to attend and squires to interview? Only one way to find out.
     Previously I have thought that the main female character was my favorite and that I would not be able to love another more. But, let's face it, I was wrong. Meryn is my new favorite person and I am very sure that my boyfriend is glad that I have finished this book if only so I will finally shut up about it. He has heard little else other than things that I am loving about this book for the last several things.
     In my defense he was laughing about them most of the time. My favorite thing in this entire book is not how violent that the female is. Or how geeky, although the weeping angels thing was the most amazing thing in the history of ever. No, my favorite was the chapter about tampons. I will not spoil it for you, but I was dying for the entire chapter. That chapter alone would have made the book worth reading if I liked nothing else in it.
      That being said I loved the book and really want to read book two. There was a small prelude to the second book at the end of this one which I made the mistake of reading as well and of course it made me want it. Yes, I want to know what kind of female can handle that vampire, but more than that I want to know about the missing Lykonians!
     All in all if you are a geek, are a fan of cheeky women and controlling men (all of which I very much so am, ask my controlling -in a completely sexy way- man) then you have to read this book. It was the first shifter book I have read in a little while which is surprising based on how much I have always enjoyed them. None the less this is a series that you need to read. For now, Allons-y!
This book is available on Amazon for $4.99 at https://amzn.to/2WFWEqq.

No comments:

Post a Comment