Thursday, March 19, 2020

Book Review: Dark Path by Melissa F. Miller (Bodhi King Novel Book 1)

Image result for Dark Path by Melissa F. Miller     Bohdi is a retired forensic pathologist who has decided to live the reminder of his days away from the public eye after becoming a near-instant celebrity after solving a SUD cluster while unearthing a political scandal. That being said when the healthy elderly start dropping like flies at a retirement home he is asked to step in and see if he can help. He agrees, but only as long as the church isn't paying for him.
     There is a mix of a lot of religions in this book including Catholicism, Buddhism, and Santerianism. I was hesitant on this book at first due to all of the religions, but I can honestly say that it played out nicely. I was skeptical of the cause of all of the deaths from the beginning and in a way I am glad I was right. Some things are just meant not to be liked.
     Within these pages lay a story that has mystery, drama, religion, and even a bit of flirting. As with any book I have a favorite character. For once it was not one of the main characters. Instead it was Mr. Santiago. The older gentleman had a love of reading and a fear of dying. But, of course, who could blame him when all of his friends were dying around him at night with a look of abject horror on their faces?
      If you can keep an open mind about religions and love a good mystery to curl up with then you should get this book. Who knows, you might even learn some things. I learned about the possibility of dying due to consuming too much copper. Makes me want to rethink some of my copper pans in my kitchen.
This book is available on Amazon for free at https://amzn.to/2LGwi1u.

No comments:

Post a Comment